Markdale Fall Fair - Supporting Agriculture Since 1858 Markdale Fall Fair - Supporting Agriculture Since 1858 Markdale Fall Fair - Supporting Agriculture Since 1858 Markdale Fall Fair - Supporting Agriculture Since 1858
Home About Us Sponsors Coming Events Fair Schedule Our Fairbook Contact Us Photos

Welcome to the Markdale Fall Fair Web Site!

See you at the 159TH Markdale Fall Fair - August 25th - 27th , 2017! Details coming soon!


2017 Markdale Fall Fair Book Cover

Canadian Country, Canadian Proud!

Join us for a weekend of family fun at the 159TH Markdale Fall Fair August 25th to 27th, 2017.

See our full schedule of events CLICK HERE or visit the "Fair Schedule" page.


Admission for the fair is:

Daily: Adults - $7

Students & Seniors (Ages 13-18 or 60+) - $5

Children Ages 2-12 - $2 (Under 2 FREE)

Daily Family Pass: $15 (2 Adults & 2 Children)

Weekend Single Pass: Adult - $10

Exhibitors may deliver their entries to the Centre Grey Recreation Complex from 7 - 9 p.m. on Thursday Aug. 24th and/or from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 25th. All indoor exhibits must be entered by Friday at 11:30 for judging in the afternoon.

Fair books are available at Markdale Co-op, Grey County Ag Services and Markdale Library OR email us at to request one.  You can also find Fair book errors or omissions as well as view and download a .pdf version of our fair book on "Our Fairbook" tab.


Catch the Ace

The Markdale Agricultural Society (MAS) is excited to announce the launch of the Markdale Fall Fair Catch the Ace Progressive Raffle Lottery, new to the Markdale area.

Popularized in Canada’s Eastern Provinces, this rapidly growing raffle is simple; find the Ace of Spades, and you win the Progressive Jackpot! You have a 1 in 300 chance of your ticket being drawn!

Millions of dollars in progressive jackpots have been awarded in Eastern Canada and the momentum is sure to sweep through Ontario!

The Markdale Agricultural Society (MAS) has a limited number of 300 tickets available per draw for only $5 each. Tickets are available from members of the MAS Board of Directors. Sales for the first draw began on Monday, June 12, 2017, and ended on Saturday, June 17, 2017, at 1pm, followed by the first draw at 4pm at King Edward Park, 75 Walker Street, Markdale.  Subsequent draws are held every Saturday at 4pm and tickets are available immediately after the preceding weeks draw.

The Markdale Fall Fair Catch the Ace Progressive Raffle Lottery uses a standard deck of 52 playing cards and 52 identical envelopes. A single card is inserted into each envelope and the envelope is sealed. The sealed envelopes are shuffled then numbered from 1 to 52. Nobody knows which envelope contains the Ace of Spades! Each week a draw board showing the available envelope numbers for the current draw will be made available. The ticket purchaser will choose a number from the draw board and write it in the circle on their ticket. A single ticket will be drawn each week, the winning ticket holder will win up to $300 (20% of ticket sales for that week), with the chance to win the progressive jackpot (30% of the ticket sales accumulated to that date). The remaining 50% of ticket sales will benefit MAS endeavors, such as the Markdale Fall Fair.

The Markdale Fall Fair Catch the Ace Progressive Raffle will operate for a maximum of 11 weeks. Each ticket purchaser is limited to 5 tickets per draw. Ticket sales will run from immediately after each 4pm Saturday draw, to 1pm the following Saturday. Tickets are valid for a single draw date as noted on the ticket, so make sure you don’t miss out on any of the draws!

If the raffle goes the full 11 weeks, the Progressive Jackpot will be awarded at a “MUST GO” draw to be held on Saturday, August 26, 2017, at 4pm during the Markdale Fall Fair at King Edward Park, 75 Walker Street, Markdale, and could be worth up to $4,950!

For more information and raffle rules, please visit @MarkdaleFallFair on Facebook.

Lottery License Number M734767

Ontario Problem Gambling Helpline 1-888-230-3505

Any media requests may be directed to

MAS President Ruth Ann Hellyer : 519-986-3036

MAS Secretary Barb Caswell : 519-830-7314

Markdale Fall Fair Baby Show

If you’ve had a baby in the last 18 months, bring the wee one(s) out for some fun at the Markdale Fall Fair Baby Show!


  • 0-3 months
  • 4-8 months
  • 9-12 months
  • 13-18 months

Convenor: Nancy Strutt 519-986-3359

Date: Saturday, August 26th, 2017 @ 1:00 p.m.

Location: Stage area on the arena lobby

Prize money for each entry: $1.00. Gift bags and certificates awarded to all participants. Everyone’s a winner!

All participants names will be entered in a draw for a gift certificate sponsored by Nangor Farms and P.J.Knickerbockers.

Markdale Fall Fair ATV Pull


Registrations to start at 3pm.

Competitors are to register at the Pull booth.

Admission fee $7 entitles one pull. Consecutive pulls are $5.

Side by sides are welcome (no set classes as of yet)

Truck trailer parking at the Rail Trail parking lot on Main St West, south side (former Chapman's parking).


 500cc and under, 501-600, 601-700, 701-800,801 and above

 **Pullers must be 18 years or older and must wear a helmet, bring proof of insurance and valid licence plate. Pullers 16 to 18 years old also require a consent form signed by a parent or guardian.

 Trophies will be awarded to 1st and 2nd place plus lots of door prizes to be won from various local vendors.

 Hosted by Dufferin Grey ATV Club

 Sponsored by Neverest Auto and Midwestern Liftruck

 If you have any questions contact Gary @ or Ken @

To our Sponsors, Volunteers and Fair Partners

September 2, 2016


The 2016 edition of the Markdale Fall Fair has come and gone, and once again we can consider it a success.

An event like this would not be possible without the financial support, and time commitment of our many volunteers and partners who share in our passion for making this a fantastic community event.

There were over 2000 entries at this fair which continues to make us one of the highest exhibited fairs in the region.

Our annual livestock shows, baby show, pet show, Ambassador Competition and horse pull were well attended, and our returning feature ATV Pull, brought out another great crowd.

Without the support of individuals and business like yourselves, our fair would not be possible – and ‘Thank You’ can never be enough.

Congratulations to all the Champions of this year’s fair, and watch for our Ambassadors Katherine Teeter and Megan Macdonald at many upcoming events.

If our Ambassadors can be of assistance at your event please don’t hesitate to contact the society.

Once again, thank you so much for your contribution to the 158th Markdale Fall Fair and we look forward to working with you as we plan for 2017 when we celebrate “Canadian Country, Canadian Proud”.

Yours in Agricultural Spirit,

Markdale Agricultural Society

Markdale Fall Fair
Join Our Facebook Group
Find out More... Information and Downloads

5. Good Food Box
See our Coming Events page for more information on this Community project.


Markdale Fall Fair 2007